7.17.2010

Infinite Jest

Yes... this is my second time trying to tackle this titan of a book. David Foster Wallace was a very talented writer and his essays are still, now thinking about them, making me laugh.

Either way, I tried to tackle IJ last summer during the bandwagon event of "Infinite Summer." It failed, I lost track of where I was two-hundred pages into the book due to the start of my freshman year in college.

So I picked it up again and have succesfully gotten further into the book in record time and I must say that so far the book is a pleasant surprise. There is a 'slump' within the book that lasts a good chunk of pages but I am past that stage in development and have entered literary bliss so to speak.

I will post more after finishing... only five-hundred pages to go.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment